There are many things you can do to maximize the value of your home. You can play an important part in the timely sale of your property. When you take the following steps, you will help your agent sell your home faster and for maximum dollars:
- First impressions count. Be sure that the lawn is cut and the hedges are trimmed. A clutter- free yard and entrance welcome a perspective buyer. Be sure any painting has been attended to.
- Give a few hours for future dividends. Here is your chance to clean up in real estate. Clean your home to its full advantage. If the woodwork scuffed or the paint is fading, consider some minor redecoration. Fresh wallpaper adds charm and value. Prospects would rather see how great your home looks instead of how great it could look.
- Check faucets for dripped water and replace light bulbs.
- Don’t shut out a sale. If your doors stick, plane them down now before a buyer points it out. Too much explaining will cost you the sale.
- Make room for space. Remember, potential buyers want to see your entire home, including the attic, basement and the garage. This space needs to be free of clutter as well.
- Brighten it up! Open your blinds and curtains- let the sun in! This creates a homey, clean atmosphere that is very appealing.
- Lighten up at night. Turn on the excitement by turning on all your lights, inside and outside.
- Avoid crowding. Potential buyers often feel like intruders when they enter a home. If there are many people around, they are likely to hurry through, not giving your home the proper attention. You are best to leave the home during showings- let your realtor do their job.
- Watch your pets. You love your pets, but potential buyer may not! Keep them confined and out of the way.
- Be friendly, but don’t try and force conversation. Don’t follow them around apologizing for your homes’ short comings. Trust your agent to take care of selling your home. Make your home a friendly, welcoming place.
- These little extras will make all of the difference.