A good realtor is knowledgable, resourceful, and personable - they need to have good communication skills, pay attention to detail, and be an advocate for you. Since your realtor will be super involved with your real estate transaction, it’s important to find someone that will do their job well.
Working with a great real estate agent can be a game changer, so don’t settle for someone random!
Here are 10 things a good real estate agent will do for you (and 10 things we will do for you as your realtor!):
1. A good real estate agent will help you to get pre-approved by introducing you to one of their preferred lenders (if you aren’t already working with someone).
2. A good real estate agent will educate you on the current market, advise you on the best properties for your goals and budget, and have insight on upcoming homes for sale and exclusive new listings.
3. A good real estate agent will answer your calls (or call you back by the end of the business day), respond to your texts and emails, and communicate clearly and consistently.
4. A good real estate agent will negotiate to help you to get the best deal possible (and will be realistic about it too).
5. A good real estate agent is professional, shows up on time, and respects your time.
6. A good real estate agent will schedule EVERYTHING including showings, open houses, inspections, appraisals, the photographer for listing photos, etc.
7. A good real estate agent will walk you through any necessary paperwork with patience and understanding.
8. A good real estate agent will educate you on the process of selling or buying a home, and will be able to answer any of the questions you may have.
9. A good real estate agent makes sure everything is running seamlessly and that you are able to move into your new home without major complications and issues.
10. A good real estate agent genuinely cares about YOU! A good realtor will keep in touch after the purchase or sale of your home and will periodically connect with you to catch up on life (without ulterior motive)
AND on top of all of these things a GREAT realtor will go above and beyond.
If you are looking for a real estate agent to guide you through the home buying or selling process, we’d love to connect! Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s chat!