Now that the holidays are over, you might be left thinking, “Now what?”
Aside from the obvious—retiring the light-up reindeer and salting your sidewalk to avoid unintentional triple axels—January is perfect for a little pre-spring cleaning and careful inspection of your home.
To help simplify the process, we created a January Home Maintenance Checklist. It will guide you through preventive maintenance tasks to make your home a safer, healthier place for you and your family in the new year.
Heres our January Home Maintenance Checklist:
- Clean or replace furnace filter
- Check and clean the heat recovery ventilator (HRV); wash or replace the filter;
- Check furnace fan belt for wear or looseness
- Check water heater for leaks
- Check or clean exhaust fans
- Clean humidifier and check for condensation and proper humidity levels
- Remove snow and ice from roof overhang/vents
- Check and reset ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI)
- Test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
Photo By: One Look Real Estate