TO: Future sellers or homeowners thinking about selling
FROM: Your Quinte realtor
Looking to sell your home now, or someday in the future? Click the bookmark button to save these 5 tips for a successful home sale.
1. Price your home competitively to attract buyers and sell for the highest dollar
2. Always be ready for a showing - wash dirty dishes in the sink, make the beds, open blinds and curtains, minimize clutter, keep closets clean, and do whatever else you can to prepare for any last minute showings. The more flexible you can be, the better!
3. Use a real estate agent, but not just any agent! It’s important to work with a realtor you can trust, someone who communicates well and can understand you. If you’re going to work with a real estate agent, your personalities need to be compatible.
4. Depersonalize and declutter as much as possible! This will allow potential buyers to envision their belongings in your home, and will also make your home look more spacious.
5. Paint a picture of your “ultimate offer”. Think about your desired timeframes, home price, contingencies, etc. Once your offers start coming in, you’ll know which one is the “perfect offer” for your situation.