10 Questions to Help Your Create a Home Buying Checklist. 👇
When you start the house hunting process with a clear list of what you’d like in a home, it’s much easier to decide which homes are worth looking at and which ones don’t fit your criteria. This is one of the reasons why I always recommend my clients create a home buying wishlist before looking at houses!
Here are 10 questions to help you create your home buying wishlist:
1. What do you like/dislike about your current home?
2. Do you need to be in a certain school district, close to work, or near family? Does safety matter to you?
3. Are you willing to buy a fixer-upper or is it important for your new home to be move-in ready?
4. Do you need outdoor space for pets, kids, gardening, entertaining, or privacy?
5. How much can you afford to spend monthly on your mortgage payment?
6. How much space do you need (bedrooms, bathrooms, living spaces)?
7. What does your future look like? (Do you have a family or are you planning to start one soon? Are you looking to retire in the next 5 years? How much space will you need in the next 5-10 years?)
8. What type of layout best suits your lifestyle? (One story or two story? If a two story, do you prefer the master bedroom to be upstairs or downstairs? Do you like an open-concept floorplan?)
9. Do you like being close to amenities and shopping centers or would you rather live in a more rural area?
10. What do you absolutely need in a home and what are you willing to compromise on? (an important question to figure out your wants VS needs)
Interested in homeownership? Send us a message and we’d love to chat more with you about the home buying process!