Tis' the season for holiday entertaining!🎄🎅🏼
Hosting a party around the holidays can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be.
Follow these 10 tips to prepare your house for a holiday party that both you and your guests will enjoy:
1. Clean out your coat closet or mudroom to make room for guests to store their coats, bags, scarves, shoes, and other cold-weather gear.
2. Stock your guest bathroom with plenty of toilet paper, clean hand towels, air freshener spray, and your favorite holiday-scented hand soap.
3. Set the mood with a festive jazz playlist!
4. Create a drink station with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage options, straws, cocktail napkins, an ice chest or bucket, and plenty of glassware. Keeping the beverage area separate from the kitchen and dining area will help to keep clutter and traffic to a minimum.
5. Run and empty your dishwasher before the party to make room for dirty dishes, silverware, and glasses.
6. Stock up on plastic containers to send your guests home with leftovers.
7. Set the thermostat to a comfortable temperature (between 60 to 70 degrees is typically ideal for a party).
8. Grocery shop and prepare as much food as possible in advance to avoid last-minute cooking stress.
9. Plan a couple of holiday party games to keep your guests entertained throughout the night!
10. Create a cozy atmosphere by lighting a festive holiday candle, turning on your Christmas tree lights, and adding extra pillows and comfy blankets to your living room.