One of the first steps in the home-buying process is applying for a mortgage.
When you apply for a mortgage, you'll want to avoid doing anything that will put the underwriter or mortgage lender under the impression that you won't repay your loan.
To avoid jeopardizing your application approval and experiencing unnecessary hiccups in the mortgage process, here are a few things NOT to do when applying for a home loan.
1. Make any large purchases
2. Open or close any credit accounts
3. Miss payments
4. Max out your credit cards
5. Quit your job or become self-employed
6. Apply for new credit
7. Co-sign a loan for anyone
8. Change financial institutions
Have other questions about the home-buying process? I'd be happy to give you the answers you are after. Send us a message, and we'll be in touch!