I think we can all agree that moving is just NOT fun 📦
You'll have to make moving arrangements, pack up your entire house, clean, organize, and then shlep all of your belongings to your new house and unpack what feels like hundreds of boxes to get settled in and make your house feel like a home. Although it’s not the most enjoyable or exciting process, I have some tips for you to make moving suck a little less!
Here are 5 moving hacks for an easier, faster, less stressful move:
1. Start packing as soon as possible! Packing for a move typically takes longer than most people expect. If you pack a few boxes each day leading up to your move date, you’ll feel less overwhelmed and will avoid the mad rush of last minute packing!
2. Keep your clothes on their hangers rather than folding & packing them in a normal moving box. Use a wardrobe box or a garbage bag (cut a hole in the garbage bag for the hangers to poke through) instead to avoid wrinkling your clothes and save time during the unpacking process.
3. Seal your dresser and/or desk drawers with plastic wrap instead of packing and unpacking them. The plastic wrap holds the drawers shut and will keep everything organized and in place!
4. Number your boxes and keep a list of what you packed in each box. Use your phone or laptop for notes to avoid losing your list during the move! It’s also helpful to mark each box with the name of the room it belongs to in your new home.
5. Pack an “open first box” with everything you’ll need within the first few days of moving into your new home (basic bedding, toilet paper, personal care items, clothes, pet essentials, kitchen tools, a first aid kit, unpacking tools, etc!)