When it comes to showings, it can be overwhelming to tour more than a few houses in a single day. How are you supposed to remember what each one looked like and what features were your favourite?
Our showing process with clients goes something like this:
1. Discuss your home wishlist - we’ll sit down and talk about your needs, wants, deal makers, and deal breakers, that way we know your exact criteria!
2. Set-up an MLS search - with access to the MLS, we’ll set-up a search to find homes that meet your requirements. When we find a listing we think you might like, we’ll send it your direction to get feedback, and we’ll create a “homes to tour” list!
3. Get ready to tour - once we find a few homes you are interested in, we will set-up showings and we’ll tour some houses!
To avoid burnout, we encourage my clients to only tour 3-4 homes a day. Doing this prevents confusion and will help you to remember each house we view — which is important when you decide to write an offer!
Here are a few questions to ask yourself before deciding which homes you should tour:
- Does this home fit my budget?
- Is this home in a neighborhood I like?
- Is this home in a “commute friendly” area? (close to work, schools, family, friends, etc)
- Does this home have enough space? (bedrooms, bathrooms, garages, etc)
- Does this home fit my needs?
Interested in homeownership? What are you waiting for? We'd love to help you start the process - DM us!